Tuesday, August 14, 2007

We're here!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. Sorry for the long overdue posting. We just got the internet up and running on Monday and I finally have a free moment to post. However, my hubby has not set up the main computer yet. We are using the laptop and I can't download any pictures. I have made him promise to get things set up by the end of the week. We will see how that goes.
Besides that, things are going well here. I started work last week and our first day of school was today. It went alright. I have a lot of work to do the next 6 weeks in getting the children where they need to be in regards to classroom behavior and academics. This year will definitely be a challenging one.
John started his new job at Sears yesterday and says its good. His commute is pretty long, but he's working on a better route. His first day at church went nicely and we had a good turn out.
Xavier, on the other hand, is not handling the transition very well. He loves the new house and all the space it has. He loves church and even loves Sabbath school with Ms. Bettie. But he misses Colorado, all his friends, and his old school. He likes the new school, but says it's not his school. We are confidant that he will adjust, it is just going to take him some time.
As for the baby, everything is going well. I go in about 3 weeks for the big ultrasound where we will find out the gender. I will post this as soon I as know. I am kinda starting to show. There is definitely a hard bumpish area in my mid section and I have started to feel the baby move some. John and I are currently arguing over names, as usual. It took us forever to agree on Xavier's. This one may take us up to the due date.
Check back later next week for pictures and details from our trip across the country.

1 comment:

Micah Preston said...

Glad to read the update. I'm sure X man will adjust even better pretty soon. That's insane you can't download pictures on your laptop. Weird. Can't wait to see pics.
I'm still going for the girl name Shamusily eh?