Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Polar Express




My son loves trains. Most people know that about him. One year for Christmas we got him the book Polar Express. He loves it and we read it every Christmas. I also have a very expensive train cake pan that my husband was not happy I bought. With a son who loves trains it comes in very handy because every year he wants a train cake for his birthday.
This year he asked me to make the polar express to take to his class Christmas party. He asked on Tuesday and the party was today, Thursday. Being the mother that I am, I made his cake and think it came out pretty good for throwing it together in one day.
When I brought the finished product to his class, he came running out to see me and jumped into my arms and said the cake was "AWESOME!". That right there is why I love being a mom.

No comments: