Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break Part I: Raleigh, NC

Eating on the veranda. :) It was so nice.


Addison liked the garden pond.


Addison also liked sitting on the dog's food mat in the kitchen.




We introduced my Aunt Helen to the world of Skippyjon Jones. We love that series of books.

Xavier chilling with grown-ups by the pond. (he had already fallen in once)



Addison was very excited to see a squirrel. I think it's because she recognized them from home.


Xavier got to touch one of the butterflies.

Xavier was so excited because he had just watched Zooboomafoo on Sprout and they talked about this snake, the sand boa. It can burrow under the sand and catch it's prey. (Thank goodness they are native to Kenya.)



Xavier and Uncle Ray in the bat cave at the museum.

The kids hanging out by a lake at the rest stop in South Carolina.


The first leg of our journey took us to Raleigh, NC where my aunt and uncle live. I use to live in Wake County when I was a little girl, so it's kind of like going back home. Xavier and Addison love being at my aunt and uncle's. We stayed 2 nights and got to see some of my cousins and the new baby, Thomas. Uncle Ray even joined us for an afternoon at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences (it's free in case anybody ever wants to go)






No comments: