Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Expo, August 24th






The school I work for was asked to put together a model Montessori classroom to be on display at a Preschool Conference and Expo. They wanted to have children working in the classroom as well. Well, we couldn't volunteer on Saturday because of church, so I did on Sunday. However, little did the school know that almost everyone would be closing up shop and heading home on Sunday. Therefore, I had the great task of helping the big boss take everything apart and down to be carried back to the school. Xavier was with me and he had a ball. Not playing in the classroom we had prepared, but all the other vendors and displays. They also loved having him around. He was playing in kitchens, running on kid sized treadmills (way cool BTW), and he even got to help maintenance break down booths. To repay him, the guys let him go in the back and play on one of their trucks. (no keys of course.) They showed him where the horn was and if you know my son well, you know how much fun he had with that. It never surprises me what people will let him do. He just has this charm and appeal about him. It's hard to say no. Well, unless your me. :)

No comments: