Sunday, December 16, 2007

Decorating the tree





John bought me a Christmas tree this year and ornaments. I think he is finally coming around to this whole Christmas thing. Which of course makes me happy. Xavier and I had fun decorating the tree. We still have to put the angel on top. That is a job for Daddy. Xavier can't wait for the bottom to be filled with toys. He has gotten into the Christmas this year as well and figured out that he gets gifts. Everything he sees he wants. Of course we got him at least one big item on his list, but we are trying to be the kind of parents that don't overindulge on Christmas. So, he got one big item and a few little things. We are hoping this will help him appreciate what he gets and not the quantity of toys. We'll see how that goes in a few years.

1 comment:

Donovan Asher Rood said...

The gift thing is a good idea. My parents did the same thing and I plan on doing it with D-van.