Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer Vacation











Ok, so usually I break the vacation down into parts and talk about each post. Well, this year I am tooooooo tired, so you will get a basic break down and some photos.

First, the kids and I left on July 16th for Louisville, KY. We were suppose to leave at 4am, but I lost my wallet and then had to get a new license and stuff, so we left at 12:30pm and got to our hotel at 7ish. We played in the pool and then got up the next morning to hit the Louisville Zoo. It is one of our favorites and very kid friendly. I took Xavier there when we were moving to GA. The water park inside is awesome.

We hit the road and headed north to Columbus, OH to see my friend Juice. We had a wonderful time at the Columbus Zoo and getting to eat at Schmitts. I love that place. Our stay was short, but a really nice one.

We then headed to WV to stay a few days visiting with friends and family there. Addison got to meet her Uncle Jeff for the first time and she loved him. We stayed with the Thorngates' and had a wonderful time with them. Xavier had a play date at the movies with Uncle Jeff and Uncle Mike. But after 3 days of fun it was time to head to PA.

We arrived on Tuesday, July 21st. We hung out with my cousins for a little bit and then I had to go to the airport and pick up John. (John was directing Young Adult Pre-con this year) While John stayed on campus for precon, the kids and I stayed with my aunt and uncle. We had a wonderful time visiting family and going to the Philadelphia Zoo. Jen Stall and her girls also got to go.

Then Sunday arrived and it was time to get ready for General Conference. Although I did not get to see much of my husband, I had a nice time. Xavier was old enough to attend Children's conference and he loved it. Addie spent a few days in the nursery making friends and mommy got to chill and catch up with old friends. We even got to visit an Amish village and learn about the Amish lifestyle.

It was a great vacation and break from life in GA and we are grateful for the blessings God poured out over us while we were gone.

No comments: