Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Addison Louise


Not wanting my picture taken.


My first bath.


See, I already have him wrapped around my little finger.


Me and my super cool big bro.


John, the father of many nations, well maybe just 2.


Sleeping in my crib at home.


I'm already to leave the hospital and go home. I got to wear my Mommy's outfit she wore as a baby. My great grandma made it.



The only men I will ever need in my life, my Daddy and my big brother.



My big brother, he thinks I'm a cutie and likes to kiss me a lot.



Me and my Mommy.



I'm ready now!




Getting all cleaned up and check out my lung power.





The story of Addison's arrival:
We left for the hospital on Jan. 8th at 7:00p.m.. I was to be there by 8p.m.. Got checked in and then the nurses started the procedure to induce me. I was put on pitocin at 7:30a.m. Jan. 9th and the contractions started coming on pretty hard by noon. They checked my progress right around then and I was only dilated 1.5cm. They upped the pitocin and rechecked at 5p.m.. I still had not dilated anymore. So they took me off the pitocin and let me shower and eat some food. Then at 8p.m. they restarted the procedure to get the cervix ready and at 6:30a.m. on the Jan. 10th they started the pitocin, again. This time the contractions were almost non-existent. At noon I still had not dilated anymore than the 1.5cm. This began the talk of a c-section and what that meant. By 4:30p.m. the decision was made that I would need a c-section. I was quickly whisked away to the OR and John joined me in a few minutes. By 4:49p.m. our little Addie Lou was here. She weighed 7lbs 5.4 oz and was 19 1/4 in long. Not the big huge baby everybody thought she would be. We also found out that her cord was wrapped pretty tight around her neck and the doctor told me that there was no way I would have been able to deliver her the natural way. Which made me very relived to know b/c I was frustrated at the failed inductions. But God was looking out for our baby girl and I am so grateful for that.
As for me, I am getting a little better each day. I was able to come home on Saturday night and then my Mom flew in from Colorado the same night. She is staying for 10 days to help us out. I am so happy she's here. It has been really good. Plus Xavier doesn't mind all the extra attention from his Grandma.
The computer is downstairs and I am not allowed to do stairs for 2 weeks, so I came through the garage today so that I could post this page. When I am allowed to do more, I will post some more pictures of our little girl.

4 comments:

Micah Preston said...

SHE IS PRECIOUS! LOVE all the pictures, especially the one in her pink warm-fuzzy that you wore. So neat!! The boys look very proud of her as well.

Christy said...

Kiki and Family say: Ahhh - she so cute! Congrats Pethtel family. We pray for a speedy recovery for you Tabatha. Can't wait for more pictures!

Anonymous said...

So glad to see her!! Welcome Addison! It's wonderful to have you!! Take care all and see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your family...baby girls are something sweet!