Saturday, January 5, 2008

Baby Update

I had an ultrasound on Thursday and they are estimating that she is around 8lbs. 1 oz.. Apparently this is too big for their liking and are recommending that my doctor induces me before 39 weeks, which would be this coming Saturday the 12th. I saw my doctor on Friday and she is having me come back Monday afternoon to check on my progress and tell me when they have scheduled the induction. She is looking at either Tuesday the 8th or Wednesday the 9th. As of right now, the baby is not making any progress to come out. She has dropped and is in the right spot, but she seems to be content on hanging out for some time. I am not dilated and the contractions I do have are about 5 a day and range from 20 minutes to 3 hours apart.
I am very happy about this b/c it means I know when I am to be at the hospital, John can give his work some warning, and we can get Xavier to our friends house in a timely fashion. Plus it means I only have a few more days to endure this discomfort I've been having and then I get to hold my baby girl.
I will repost new information when I get home on Monday. Please keep us in your prayers. We have been doing well so far and it would be nice to keep it that way.

No comments: