Sunday, March 16, 2008

International Night, March 14, 2008


My friends and co-workers under the Tori gate in Japan, Tammy, Katie w/Addison, and Karol. (Karol is my assistant in my new classroom. Tammy is my old co-teacher.)


Hanging out in Chile with Ms. Roberta and Ms. Rosario. (Rosario is from Chile.)


Xavier with Ms. Jannis and Ms. Jouse in China.


Watching giant pandas in China.


Xavier in Trinidad. He danced in Trinidad. Apparently he could only dance in Trinidad.



Xavier in Brazil. (We lost John and Addison in Brazil and finally found them in Trinidad. Kinda creepy since I had just watched Turistas a few nights ago.)



Xavier getting his passport stamped in India.


Xavier visiting the Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica, while eating a fried plantain. (he didn't like it.)


Xavier on the beach in Jamaica with his friend Chaya. (Yes, he's on the beach with a girl. He is John's son after all. :)


John in Jamaica.


Daddy and Xavier in Mexico.


Xavier getting his passport stamped in Mexico.


People digging in to that yummy Japanese food. Yeah for sushi!


A table of trinkets, photos, and reports on Japan.


The other side of the garden. We left the trees up b/c they looked so nice.


The tranquil Japanese garden. My dad built the zen garden.



My school has an International night every year. Each class picks a country to represent and then decorates their classroom to look somewhat like that country as well as have food from that country. Then each child gets a passport with their picture and they get a special stamp in their passport as they travel from "country" to "country". I, of course, had a ball. I chose Japan for my country in my old classroom. In my new classroom they went with Trinidad since the teacher who was working there while I was on leave is from Trinidad. This was of course my first week back at work, so I was very busy. But in the end it came out so nice. Xavier's class did Mexico and they made ponchos for the kids to wear and you know my son, he didn't want to wear his until I said I wasn't going to carry it around all night. I have already decided on my country for next year, Monaco. It is going to be awesome. :)

No comments: