Sunday, January 25, 2009

Making the most out of a sad situation

Since the whole gang, minus John, headed to NC to see my dad, we decided to make it as much fun as possible. We stopped off in Raleigh first to see my Aunt and Uncle. Xavier hasn't seen them since he was 4 months old and never been to their house. We stopped there again on our way back and he got to meet my cousin Anthony and sing Happy Birthday to him.
While in Eastern NC, we took a trip down the beach where I grew up and Xavier lived the first 6 months of his life. We saw my sister Rachael, the Grave Digger Monster Truck, ate at my favorite restaurant, Chili Peppers, and made a stop at the beach.
On the way home, we stopped in Charlotte and walked around a mall and ate at the Texas Roadhouse.
We are going back to NC in April and will get to a lot more stuff and hopefully see my Dad again.








Addison is eying up that chocolate birthday cake.


My cousin Anthony and Addison.


Addison and Xavier playing with the wooden train we played with as kids.



I love that my kids are eating at this table. I ate at the very same table when I was a little girl. (this is at my Aunt Helen and Uncle Ray's house.)


Addison and Uncle Ray. He was trying to make her laugh. I love the look on her face.



Addison and Aunt Helen.



Eating my aunt's awesome mac and cheese. We even got a doggie bag to take home with us.



My beautiful children all curled up and ready for bed.








NC is home to the Grave Digger. I have past by it a million times. Xavier is all about monster trucks right now, like any normal boy is, so we made a special stop on our way down to the beach. The store is closed until March, but we got to walk around and see the original one and some other trucks. I love the one where he is inside the tire.










We made a short stop by the beach. Had to see the ocean. It was super cold and windy. Xavier was ok, but Addison screamed the whole time. Funny b/c that is what Xavier did the first time I took him to the beach and it was warm then. Guess my kids take after their dad.






Xavier and his Aunt Racheal.




Addison got to meet her Aunt Rachael for the first time, They were wearing matching shirts, which was a total coincidence. Their birthdays are 2 days apart (and 28 years)




The kids got to see their Uncle Daniel, again. Going to try and get him down to GA in a few weeks.




Alexis and Xavier on the electric train that went all around the mall and back again. Xavier is still talking about this train and how we need to go back to Charlotte, NC and ride it.




Playing peek-a-boo under the menu at the Roadhouse.



Pretending to ride a horse at the Roadhouse.

No comments: